Newsround (originally called John Craven's Newsround, before his departure in 1989) is a BBC children's news programme, which has run continuously since 4 April 1972, and was one of the world's first television news magazines aimed specifically at children.
Initially commissioned as a short series by BBC Children's Department, who held editorial control, its facilities are provided by BBC News. The programme is aimed at 6 to 12 year-olds.
- John Craven presented Newsround in the 1970s. He fronted more than 3,000 bulletins and is a household name.
- John Humphrys presented Newsround. He now works on the TV show "Mastermind"
- Nick Robinson started to present Newsround in the 1980s. He also presented the politics part of BBC News.
- Krishnam Guru-Murthy liked to wear fishy jumpers. He now is a Channel 4 news reader.
- Julie Etchingham use to present Newsround in the 90s. She now works for ITV News.
- Helen Skelton presented newsround before joining Blue Peter.
- Lizo Mzambia presented for 10 years. He now presents showbiz parts of BBC News.
- Jake Humprey presented before doing Formula 1.
- Matthew Price worked in the army before newsround.
- Newsround on Wikipedia